If the coming zombie pandemic leads to societal collapse, traditional medicine may quickly become a thing of the past. Natural remedies would then be your only option when dealing with illness and injury.
So what types of natural health remedies should you look for when scavenging in a zombie world?
- The common spice turmeric can reduce joint pain.
- Oregon grape is a shrub that helps prevent bacterial infections and general illness.
- Honey was used as a wound dressing in World War I, and will still do the trick.
- Fish oil can fight depression and anxiety.
- Garlic wards off everything from fatigue to warts.
Natural health products are increasingly being recommended by doctors and used by their patients who report positive results. According to a recent article in the Huffington Post, almost 75 percent of Canadians use herbal health remedies and homeopathic medicine on a regular basis. The New York Times reports a similar upward trend among Americans.
The key is to include a list of home remedies in your zombie preparedness kit, so when the time comes you’ll know how to deal with whatever medical issues arise.
What are some other products that can be used to stay healthy and heal injuries?